Translate

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Author: J. A. JACKSON Author Questions and Answers!

I was asked a question about my writing. Here is the question:

Do you have any unusual writing habits?

My Answer: The Author J.A. Jackson aka Jerreece

My writing process is not unusual to me, but it does depend on the book and the moment. By that I mean, if I’ve had a rough day my writing process can be somewhat cloudy and not focused. But generally, I write every day. Especially if a story has taken hold and started forming in my head. However, if not, then I usually will begin a story by jotting down the plot point, element, character name, flaws etc. and then write the story. Each day, I write something and I normally will begin by first reviewing what I have written prior, revise and continue. Thus the story comes. Daily I check for the parts of the story such as the character dialogue, point of view, and the plot, sub-plot, who the character is, their flaws, desires, hopes, dreams, things that make them real and always what is that all important thing - they can’t have or live without. To me this is what makes the story and what makes the character propel the story and move it the story forward.

No comments: