Translate

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Learning New Things Is Crucial for Happiness!

Every day at my job, I learn how to write better, edit better and publish better.

To me, I believe learning new things is crucial for happiness and it wards off memory loss.

That being said my job or position is that I am a writer. Yes, I get to totally stay home and write each day.

The total number of books I have written and published are eleven (11).

Yes, I have a couple of book series. And how these books series and stand-alone books came to be, is because I learned something new each day.

I believe that learning can give us a range of perspectives and I love to apply this to my writing.

For example, I get inspirations for my books and for living this life, through “what-if” moments throughout the day. Each new situation I encounter, read, or watch on TV can inspire my “what if moments” for characters, plots, etc., in my writing.

Visiting new places can be a learning moment for me also, that inspires ideas for my books, new cooking recipes, ideas to spice up my bedroom exercise (code word for sex) or even redecorating my home.

Learning something new each day can gives us all a range of perspectives to call on, it helps us to better adapt to new situations, or emergencies in our life. Learning new things can also help you socially.

Another big example on the benefits of learning new things, is the new learning we all have had to do, daily, with the COVID-19 Pandemic we all have been subjected too.

We each have learned about the importance of washing our hands, wearing masks and social distancing, to name a few.

All of this, to me, show how beneficial learning new things can be.

And if you don’t believe me. Think of it this way. If you and I had not taken the time to learn about what we could do to protect ourselves from COVID-19, you wouldn’t be here to read my article, and I wouldn’t be here to write it. Ponder that one…



No comments: